Find out about all the services and programs that the library offers.
The library is much more than a place to check out books. We have programs and services for everyone in our community. Nice, eager, friendly, highly-trained librarians are standing by, waiting to help you find the information you're looking for.
Your Library Card
Who can get a library card, how to apply, and how to use your library card.
Library Cards - Cards will be issued free of charge to persons above the age of seven living in Mondamin, Little Sioux, Modale, Pisgah , Moorhead, and rural Missouri Valley with a valid drivers license or a parents valid driver’s license or proof of address.
- For Parents - Parents are responsible for books checked out by their children under the age of 18.
- Confidentiality Policy - The records of this library are confidential in nature and will not be made available to anyone without investigative power.
- Borrowing Privileges - Books may be checked out for a period of two weeks, videos for two days to patrons who have no materials overdue. Items may be renewed once for the same time period in person or by phone 712 646-2888.
- Renewals are allowed on items which do not have a hold pending. Call the library to ask for a renewal or stop by.
- Returning Materials - Materials should be returned to the library by due date either during library hours at the desk or after library hours through the book drop.
- Holds - Holds will be made for books that are checked out by other patrons. The library will contact the person requesting a hold when the item is returned to the library. Holds are made on a first come first served basis.
- Interlibrary Loan - Requests for books not in our collection may be made to other libraries in Iowa who do have the book. Ask the librarian for assistance with Interlibrary Loan.
- Overdue, Lost, Damaged Materials - There will be a fine for overdue books assessed at .05 per book per days overdue that the library is open. The fine may not exceed the value of the book. The fine for overdue videos is .25 per video per day. A fine will be assessed for lost and damaged books equal to or less than the value of the book. Library privileges (including computer access) will be denied to patrons who have not paid these fines.
Borrow from another library
Our library is connected to other libraries throughout the state and nation. If you can't find an item in this library, ask library staff to help you get it from another library.
The interlibrary loan program makes it possible for patrons to borrow material from other libraries thus increasing the available selection. A patron may request an item which is not available in our library. To make a request simply call the library at 712 646-2888, or come in, with the title and author of the item you would like. The librarian will search for the title and submit a request. Patrons will be notified when the item comes in. Materials are received in about a week at the longest and are checked out for a period of two to three weeks. There is no charge for this service unless the item is late or lost. If this service is of interest please contact us and we will be happy to help.
Join a Book Club
The library offers a book club for readers. Find descriptions and meeting times and dates of the club.
Join a Book Club! All are welcome to attend. We take turns leading the group and providing a treat.If you’d like to be included please call (712) 646-2888 to be put on the list for books when they become available
Hope to see you there!
Use a Computer
The library has public computers with Internet access. This describes what we have and how to use them.
Public Access Computers - The Mondamin Public Library provides three computers for public use. These computers are accessed on a first come first serve basis. The public must sign in with the Library staff and will be allowed 30 minutes to use the computer if other patrons are waiting. No more than two patrons may be at a computer at one time. Misuse of the computer will result in loss of computer privileges. The library may charge a patron for damage to software or equipment. If a minor, parents or guardians will be held responsible.
Internet Use - Users are responsible for evaluating the quality of information accessed. Children under the age of 18 are allowed internet access unless there is a form on file signed by a Parent/Legal Guardian restricting internet use to the child. This form is available from the Library Director.
Wi-fi is available for use with laptops and other internet accessible devices.
Policy Handbook - The Mondamin Public Library "Bylaws, Policies & Procedures Manual" is available at the library for public use. Please consult it for further details on these policies and others pursuant to the library.
The library has a fax machine available for public use during library hours.
- Sending a fax costs $2 for the first 3 pages. After 3 pages the cost is $1 for each page.
- Bring your own cover page if necessary.
- A Fax Sent confirmation page will be provided for sender.
- Receiving a fax costs .10 per page if black and white, .50 per page if color.
- Please inform Library Director of any expected fax either by phone (646-2888) or in person.
- Fax number for receiving is 712 646-2888.